It was a fantastic General Election for Conservative women - and the CWO - as we now have 68 Conservative women MPs, up from 48 (an increase of over 40%).
This means that women now make up 20.5% of the Conservative Parliamentary Party - up from 16%. It shows we still have much work to do but it is extremely encouraging for the future.
Overall, just under 30% of all MPs are women - up from 24%.
We are incredibly proud that over 10% of new women MPs currently sit on the CWO National Executive and I'm delighted that Amanda Solloway MP (Derby North) has put herself forward for nomination to stand again as National Deputy Chairman.
The Party gained 24 seats and 20 extra female MPs, so 83% of all new Conservative seats were won by women. An outstanding result!
Of the 27 new women MPs, over half (56%) came through the CWO Development programme, which is a phenomenal achievement.
Following is the list of the new women MPs - for the full list of all 68 Conservative women MPs, click here:
1) Lucy Allan - Telford
2) Heidi Allen - South Cambridgeshire
3) Caroline Ansell - Eastbourne
4) Victoria Atkins - Louth and Horncastle
5) Victoria Borwick - Kensington
6) Maria Caulfield - Lewes
7) Jo Churchill - Bury St Edmunds
8) Mims Davies - Eastleigh - CWO SOUTHERN REGIONAL CHAIRMAN
9) Michelle Donelan - Chippenham
10) Flick Drummond - Portsmouth South - CWO HAMPSHIRE AREA CHAIRMAN
11) Suella Fernandes - Fareham
12) Lucy Frazer - South East Cambridgeshire
13) Nusrat Ghani - Wealden
14) Andrea Jenkyns - Morley & Outwood
15) Seema Kennedy - South Ribble
16) Tania Mathias - Twickenham
17) Amanda Milling - Cannock Chase
18) Wendy Morton - Aldridge Brownhills
19) Rebecca Pow - Taunton Deane
20) Victoria Prentis - Banbury
21) Mary Robinson - Cheadle
22) Antoinette Sandbach - Eddisbury
23) Amanda Solloway - Derby North - CWO NATIONAL DEPUTY CHAIRMAN
24) Maggie Throup - Erewash
25) Kelly Tolhurst - Rochester & Strood
26) Anne-Marie Trevelyan - Berwick-upon-Tweed
27) Helen Whately - Faversham and Mid-Kent
For further information about the CWO, or to arrange an interview with anyone named in this release, please contact:
Tel: (020) 7984 8139