Baroness Anelay worked as a volunteer adviser with Woking Citizens' Advice Bureau for several years, then served as Chairman of their Management Committee and is currently its President. She was a Justice of the Peace in North West Surrey and sat on Social Security Appeal Tribunals for 13 years before becoming a member of the House of Lords. She was also a member of the Social Security Advisory Committee from 1989-96.
Baroness Anelay was Chairman of the Conservative Woman's National Committee 1993-96 and Vice-President of the National Union 1996-97. She was appointed as a life peer in 1996.
- Opposition Whip, Home Affairs, Social Security and Agriculture, May 1997 – November 1998
- Opposition Spokesman, Culture, Media, Sport and Tourism, November 1998 – June 2002
- Opposition Spokesman, Home Affairs, June 2002 – July 2007
- Opposition Chief Whip, July 2007 – May 2010
- Privy Councillor, June 2009 –
For further information about the CWO, or to arrange an interview with anyone named, please contact:
Tel: (020) 7984 8139